Thursday, April 19, 2012

Some other beginnings end...

I am on a Journey. Every journey has one thing in common. They have to start somewhere. When I think back to the parts of my journey that have already passed, I can not pin point the moment at which my life changed. All I know is at some point in the last several years SOMETHING happened that shifted the path I was on. I am not the same person I used to be as a result.

Since this is my first official posting I feel like I should introduce myself.

My name is Leah Naomi. I know that as my posts go on you will get a sense for me as a person. I hope you will get to know me well. For tonight, I want to tell you where I started.

I was born in a small town in the greater Los Angeles area. The town is called Tujunga. It's the sort of town that you have only heard of if you have been there. I am a product of a broken home. How broken is a matter of opinion, I did survive after all. When I was little I had this notion. It was a fleeting sort of feeling in the back of my mind, in the bottom of my heart, somewhere... I knew at some point I was going to be important. I had no clue what that was going to look like. Being so close to Hollywood, I entertained the idea of being an actor. Unfortunately I was too shy for that. I have always wanted to express myself. I am a story teller at heart. I thought maybe I would be a writer. (I guess this is my way of working that out) I didn't know what I was going to do. I even had these dream like fantasies of being a guardian of some mythological world filled with dragons, witches and faeries.

As I grew older I had trouble connecting with people. When I talk to people I knew when I was younger they all seem to have this notion of me being slightly popular and very funny and outgoing. It is clear people have felt connections to me over the years, but I assumed that it was all temporary or false. I isolated myself. I was lonely and depressed, as a lot of teenagers are.

Now I am a proud confident leader. I am a manager, a trainer, a coacher, and a mother. I have run businesses with success. I highly value trust, integrity and honor. I think manners are important, and I miss snail mail letters. I am in my late twenties and I can barely work my blu-tooth. I still dont have a high definition TV and I dearly miss my VCR. I am sentimental. I am self aware. I am passionate. These are but a few of the flavors that make up who I am.

In essence I am a unique mix of hopeless and musing meandering love. I was a workaholic, arrogant, asshole who hated the world and the people in it. I have changed in the core of who I am. The darkness is fading and I don't recognize myself. Now I am struggling to figure out what is next. How do I live my life from this new place? How do I hang on to the happiness I have found? Is it real? Is this a dream? Pinch me guys!

There is your first taste of me. I will soon start to share with you the specific stories that paint the picture of my life. Past, present, and dreams of the future, I do not plan to hold anything back. Be prepared for honesty, integrity, and truth in a raw complex sort of way. I am about to lay it all out here.

But for now... Good night!

(My posts will usually have a note like this on the bottom saying when they took place. This story took place 2012)

No comments:

Post a Comment